Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tonight's "cross-country" adventure

Lonnie and I had an errand to run earlier this evening. It was more of a frustrating/eventually comical 20-minute trip in "the 'burbs".

1. Someone almost rear-ended us in the CVS parking lot as we backed out of the spot.
2. Lonnie wanted to go through Taco Bell and get something to eat. Right before the girl (and I do mean GIRL) handed the bag of food to us, she and a fellow employee were having a "discussion" (a.k.a., argument). The fellow employee walked away, and we're waiting in the car.Still.Waiting. We had the food but no drink. Finally, I check the bag to make sure all of the order was there, and I asked Lonnie, "What're we waiting on other than your drink?" Finally, I leaned over Lonnie and said, "Hello!! Hellooooooo!" to the girl (did I mention GIRL?) who was standing right there at the window. She FINALLY heard me and said, "Yes?" I said, "We're waiting on our drink." She grabbed the drink, said, "Oh, I'm sorry" and handed it to Lonnie. I asked her, "Why did it take so long to get a drink?" And she said something about listening to the next person's order (this is how heard it, though, "blah blah blah") and apologized again saying she forgot. Lonnie said, "Well, if you hadn't been having that little 'pow-wow' with your co-worker, you might have realized we still didn't have our order." More apologies. I said, "Who is your manager?" WAIT.FOR.IT. "I'm the manager" she said. *rolling my eyes*
3. We drove to a different place (because I wanted plain tortillas since my stomach is kind of messed up, and let's face it, Taco Bell's tortillas are merely vehicles to put food in. Their tortillas aren't to be eaten all by themselves 'cause they aren't stars, but more like cameos in the Taco Bell fast food movie...wow, that was a stretch, even for me, but you get the picture). When we got to "almost-star-quality tortillas" establishment, Lonnie placed the order after hearing the woman ask through the tall metal speaker box, "May I take your order?" Next thing, a man's voice (apparently, someone's performing sex changes in nanoseconds these days) said, "Can you say it again?" Lonnie, frustrated with previous ordeals of this little adventure, said, "Are you gonna pay attention this time?" and placed his order. Once again *poof--sex change* the woman repeated the order back and told us to drive to the window. When I asked what the deal was, she stated that the first voice we heard was a recording, that they have to greet the customer within the first three seconds of arriving at the drive-thru. THAT I believe; however, you can usually tell a)that those are recordings and b)they don't match anyone else's voice who works at the place, and c)the "electronic recorded greeting"'s voice was the exact same as the woman at the end of the exchange. I'd rather wait and have them actually listen to my order ONCE than have someone ask me to repeat it.
4. Finally, there was a VERY aggressive driver in some little sedan (BMW, Honda, Kia, who knows?) who pretty much almost took off the end of our car (different from the CVS driver) while zigzagging between the car in the left lane a little behind us and us in the right lane. He risked all of that just to get 10 feet in front of us right before the light to turn right. Wow. That saved a LOT of time for him. I think I may have blinked once during that, so it was worth it, right, to save a "blink's worth" of time?

I'm tired now. I'm going to bed.
As a friend of mine would say, "I don't have time for all this foolishness!"
-a-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive