Monday, April 25, 2016

There's a "Yewt" Trapped Inside Me

"In reality, people are people. Age does a weird thing to your body on the outside. It makes your face fall and weird things happen all over. But inside, you're the same person you always were, you're still 25." ~Actress Sally Field
You who are my age or around my age (give or take +/- 5 years), you know what this quote means. You get to a point where you may feel like you can hang out with/relate to people half your age, thinking that you're still that age, too. Your brain hasn't changed. You sort of look like that person from 20+ years ago, and sometimes, you look better (awkward school photos, anyone?). 
But I swear that time passes so fast, that it's hard to come to grips that we actually have aged. That we have mortgages. That we have jobs. That we file taxes. That we may have health issues, sometimes, very serious health issues. That some of us are no longer here. 
But inside, I still feel like I'm 25. And that is hard to come to grips with, hard to wrap my head around when on the outside, when I dare look in the mirror, I think, "Wait...what happened here?"
Time. That's what happened here. 
And so, I leave you with this...a small, but SIGNIFICANT part of our past, one of my favorite artists, and one kick-ass song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive